Monday, July 23, 2007

house with many rooms

I've been thinking alot about the quarry and the people I've met there. I was trying to figure out how I felt about it. The image of a house comes to me.

It's like we live in a big house, where there are many rooms. We have our lives in just a few of the rooms. The house is so big that we forget there are other rooms in the house. Every once in a while we'll find ourselves searching for something in a room or we'll discover a room we've forgot about.

Visiting the quarry and seeing what happens there, I feel like I"ve visited a room, I seem to have forgetten about. It's on the same level of the people I met in the Domincian Republic that work in the bateys, or the children who forge through dumps in Mexico and bRazil to earn a few pennies. We seem to forget that they are there. We seem to go about our daily lives and never venture in their rooms.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Thanks for opening the doors Kathy!

It's great staying with you on your journey.
peace

Bernie