Sunday, July 29, 2007

exploring the world curriculum.

One of the extracurricular activities I've been doing while I"m here, aside from the Microfinance project is helping expand the science program they want to start at Women'sTrust.

We've expanded it to include literacy, social studies, research skills, health, career planning, and community involvement. Ok, now it doesn't look that much like a science curriculum but an 4 year program to support girls as they transitition from junior high to senior high. (most girls drop out)

It\'s a funny thing,I have say, for some reason, I brought my curriculum design book from my curriculum design class with me to Ghana. I used it to guide us , (one NYU student from Rhode Island and two ghanaain teachers) through the process. Of course, like any curriculum it's evolving.

We surveyed and interviewed parents, teachers, head masters, and kids to get bulk. It's been really fun. I can't believe I brought that book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am humbled and amazed by the witness you are giving and the ways you are serving. I'm sending you good thoughts and hoping to see you in a few weeks.

What have the Brennans been up to? The girls are having playdates in between being BORED! That's what summer's all about. Grandma is cooking, doing laundry and spoiling us all around. Bev came to visit Patrick and it was sweet to watch him snuggle with his babysitter. I'll feel sad when she returns to Montana for good. This morning Patrick took a fall and banged his little forehead... a big OUCH and a bump. I am at work trying to get a contract in place for a new project. Leo is working on a crew renovating Seattle Prep, so that's cool! Generally we're all good.

Kathy

PS: Molly's case may be resolved within the next few days. Can't say much but we're all thinking of Molly and Lili : >