Tuesday, July 31, 2007

African Women

One of the many thing I've been impressed with on this trip, it strength of the African women I have met. For the most part, they are strong physically, emotionally and spiritually. They don't hold back. They are gracious ,but strong. They are giving, yet truthful. They can hold more than they probably should on their heads. I found this poem on a blog It's call African Women. I think it describes a look.

African women...:

African women you are strong,when you rise the valleys and hills move with you
when you walk the children of the land follw,when you sing the rains stops and the sun appears
Your melodious voice rivals the sweetest of honey
Your joyful embrace makes your children admire your strong will and draw strength from your ways
You are strong but doubt yourself at times,why do you do so
Have you no idea how many envy your beauty and strength ?
You have taught even me,the value of sustenance and strength in a world of turmoil and turbulance
It is you who are strong and i am merely a follower in your path
Though we live miles away,i will draw my strength from you for knowing you i have gained in me,the strength to follow my heart and value the treasure thats is,being a strong and beautiful black....

african women

http://ebonystone.blogster.com/poem_african_women.html

No comments: