Monday, August 20, 2007

traveling as a tourist.

This past week, I've been traveling as a tourist. I have to say, it's not as fun to me as when I was living in and experiencing Pokuase and the people there. Being a tourist, I feel like although I"m seeing Ghana, I'm not really getting to know it. It feel a few feet away, where as when I am in Pokuase, I feel like I'm really experiencing the real Ghana.

My plan was to travel up to Tamale and then over to Mole to see some wild life. Unfortunately , I messed up with the bus schedules and couldn't get up there in time and still have time make it back to Pokuase and Accra for my flight.

Even with that, I have to say I loved Cape Coast and returning to Kumasi for a second visit. I made it up to the Aburi regio and back to Pokuase to see some friends. It just wasn't meant to be. I"ll have to go back to see Tamale and MOle next time.

See you all soon!

3 comments:

bjkeefe said...

Safe trip home.

Thanks for sharing your travel notes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,
I can't wait to see you on Sept.1st in Seattle and looking forward to hearing about your exciting trip. Take care.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello,
It is good you enjoyed your trip as tourist in Ghana. If you ever want to come down to the north dont mind to give me a mail. I run a small tour company and can help you with informations and exciting places to visit up north and Tamale. i am located in Tamale. My company name is Africa Adventure Trails. Please do contact if you are coming back or a friend or family member want to come to Ghana.
below is our email: africaadventuretrails@yahoo.com
Thank You
Mariam