Monday, August 6, 2007

Ghana Stay for awhile.

I wanted to let everyone know that I've changed travel plans. I've decided not to go onto Kenya. As much as that would have been an amazing experience. (thank you Silanus and Ann!) I decided that just jumping over there for a short week, was just too much after being in Ghana for 6 weeks. I"m going to stay in Ghana for the remaining time traveling hopefully to the Cape Coast, and Mole National Park and else where.


I want to know Ghana better before I move onto another AFrican country. I will make it to Kenya andother time, when I can really taken in Kenyan culture and enjoy it to the extend it deserves.

I am still returning on the same day.

I"ve tried to change ticket and leaver earlier, but the KLM flight is booked through Aug. (Sorry Barb and Milan, I"ll have to get to Austin this year. ) :(

PS. I recieved a sizable refund for the Kenya ticket.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I have so enjoyed reading your notes. Kenya can wait for another time, so enjoy some extra time there in Ghana. What an amazing experience you are having. When you return, I would love to celebrate with sausage and peppers and that new recipe you want to make. Take good care, Love, Jane

Kathy said...

Kenya and Jane, I'll have to wait to see the giraffes and the elephants as a fly into Nairobi.

Can't wait for another italian meal by Jane.

bjkeefe said...

It's good to see that the inoculations that you received prior to your trip did not wipe out the family tendency to make really good puns.

Not that there are any on *my* slice o' the web, mind you.

Anonymous said...

Brendan,
I was so tempted to say, Kenya believe it, but I just could go there.
Kath

Kathy said...

Ok, yes, I'm the queen of typos. I meant to say, in the previous comment, I just couldn't go there, not I just could go there.

Anonymous said...

I will be traveling to Ghana (Tarkwa) in 4 weeks and am a bit scared of all the disease, etc. I just received my polio, typhoid, yellow fever, hep a, hepb and a tetnus two days ago and have been very sick since. Has anyone else experienced this? I also had a colleague return with scabies. Any suggestions for this trip? I'm a bit nervous and could use some moral support. I'm a 39 year old American female but will be traveling with a british male colleague.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's Kathy, the author of the blog... That's exciting that you are heading to Ghana. I'm jealous! I wouldn't worry too much about how you are feeling after your shots. Your bodies probably trying to figure out what to do with all that new stuff in it. Go see your doctor, just to be sure of course.
Try not to be too nervous. Just make sure you are drinking bottled water including brushing your teeth with bottle water. Don't eat street food or anything that can't be peeled. Wash your hands alot with soap and water. You probably can expect some travel diaherra, but when you first get there, but it'll pass. I actually was fine the whole time while int Ghana. After a few weeks, I even ate locally and was fine.
Have a great time! I can't wait to go back.