Monday, August 13, 2007

Joy Family Lodge.

One of the most over all experiences I've had with my stay in Pokuse has been the guest house I stayed in while in Pokuse. It's call the Joy Family Lodge, which is about a 10 minute walk to Pokuse and has easy access to Accra. It's not in the hussle and bussle of Accra, just on the very outside. It was the haven we need when Pokuse and Accra was too much.

It's owned by a very hard working man named Ohene Bonsu, We called him, Mr Bonsu. He's very welcoming and had enormous integry as a businessman and as a citizen of hte world.

The staff is very friendly. They helped us feel comfortable. They answered every quesiton we had about ghanian life and helped us find whatever they needed.

Every night I ordered chicken and fries with red sauce. I thought the red sauce was a simple tomato paste with onions and cayenne pepper. The last day, Veronica, let me watch her make the red sauce. Wow I was wrong. It was an hour process to chop tomatoes onion,blend it with anise and cayenne and curry. It had fresh tuna and shrimp buillon (boil?). and just other things. I wrote down the recipe, so I can make it when I get home.

If you ever get to Ghana, I hope you can make it to Joy
family lodge. They are very special.

1 comment:

OYEBANJO OKUNUGA said...

pls can you send me email address and phone no to contact them at Joy Family Lodge

Thanks

Oyebanjo
Lagos Nigeria
oyebanjo.okunuga@gmail.com